INDIGEX, a Kansas City based Information Technology company, is growing and has an opening for one or more Technical Services Representatives at our North Kansas City location. The Technical Services Representative at INDIGEX is responsible for customer-centric server and network management along with user support. Technical Services Representatives are also involved in the design and build out of network infrastructure.
Technical Services Representative
- Work with Technical Services team to install and maintain desktop and laptop computers, software, and associated peripheral equipment.
- Work directly with end users to build rapport, educate, and effectively communicate technical information to individuals with little technical knowledge.
- Work directly with end users to troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate computer problems.
- Respond to tickets and log work completed in company’s ticketing system.
- Manage software updates and patches for server and workstation computers.
- Work with team to quickly resolve problems identified by monitoring systems, customer interactions, and other sources.
- Prioritize support-related issues and escalate problems as needed to other team members.
Monitor and manage proactive-support systems including the following:
- Infrastructure and system monitoring
- Configuration tracking
- Network mapping and rogue device detection
- Log analysis
- Maintain documentation of configuration of network infrastructure, servers, workstations, and other devices.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in client systems, internal processes, and other areas, and effectively communicate these opportunities to peers and management.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills including the abilities to:
- Take in information rapidly
- Clarify another’s comments to gain clear understanding
- Communicate well in both verbal and written forms
- Reiterate another’s communication to ensure clarity of complex conversations
- Empathize and understand problems communicated by others
- Clearly state plans for problem resolution
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows server and workstation operating systems
- Ability to structure and complete detailed documentation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and various VPNs
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and Windows security
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute
- Ability to operate power tools and physically install computers and network equipment
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Unix operating systems
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms
- Knowledge of file-based and image-based backup systems
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Knowledge of website development and content-management systems
- Knowledge of computer programming languages
- Knowledge of database administration
Preferred Education and Experience
- Education: bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience: previous experience in a technical-support or computer-systems-management role
We are a tight-knit company, and this is a great opportunity for the right person who likes working with people and technology and is looking for an opportunity to grow. Creative thinking is what we thrive on, from our work itself to the way we do business. We recognize and reward hard work and innovation.
If you are looking for an exciting career with a growing company and you meet the requirements for this position, please submit your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.